Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Riffe Carbon Fiber Pole Spear Ordered for Summer Adventures!

I am crossing my fingers that this summer will be an awesome and adventurous spear fishing summer. I got a new Jet-Ski that is begging everytime I pass next to it to taste water and I've ordered the pole spear that is claiming to be the best new pole spear in the market. A claim that is yet to be proven of course.

I own eight different-brand pole spears that I use frequently with my summer night snorkeling. Each spear is good in its own way, some are heavy but carry quite a punch, and some are light but slower. I have been in search for the most perfect pole spear available. Quite recently I was reading some online posts about this new Riffe Carbon Fiber Pole Spear just before I was going to buy the GAT-KU pole spear. I immediately changed my mind about ordering the GAT-KU and decided to try the Riffe first. Don't get me wrong, the GAT-KU is an amazing pole spear and I would love to get it, but I wanted to try something newer that might have better engineering in terms of comfort, speed and punch.


The Riffe Pole Spear is sold out in almost all US online stores and the hassle to get it shipped to Kuwait with the components I need will cost me about $460 and will take quite a time to get here. Now for a pole spear this price is a bit too much and I am a bit impatient. So I contacted Riffe company in the US and tried to order it directly from them or recommend a dealer in the region. The surprise was that the company owner just arrived about four days ago from a business trip to Dubai, Qatar and KSA and told me that they have dealers in Kuwait. Long story short, Kuwaiti dealer didn't have it as usual and had to contact Dubai and place an order. I ordered the 7' three piece traveler spear, an ice pick detachable head, a shrink wrap grip, an extra power band and 3-prong pinch head when available. Now inshallah I will own a Riffe pole spear in three weeks and the price is $400 with the components I need excluding the 3-prong pinch head since they haven't marked a price for it yet. My good fortune is that my younger brother studies in UAE so he'll just grab it for me.

Now this will be the most expensive Pole Spear I ever owned so it better be good. The second most expensive one I got is my Manny Puig signature pole spear. The Manny pole spear cost me about $350 about 4 years ago plus shipping. That's a powerful and rigid spear but it is heavy and not very mobile. I always use my JBLs for shallow water as they do the job. I substitute the head with adapters depending on the condition. Now I'm giving a new pole spear a chance and I will test it  to the maximum inshallah!

I would like to give a big shout out to Riffe company as they were really helpful and I will post a full review about the Riffe pole spear when I get to use it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment