Monday, December 27, 2010

#ProudSingle

Few weeks ago I started posting on my twitter some anti-marriage comments and advices. The sole purpose of those posts is humor. I'm not a very active twitter user, but I do post at least once a day. Although I had my twitter account for a while, I did not quite get it until recently. Of course some of the family members that follow my twitter and facebook found those posts very offensive. They took it seriously that they comment on every post with an advice or even correcting my jokes as they were corrupted thoughts! On the other hand, a lot of my single and married friends loved it and wanted more. Some even copied them and posted them as their facebook status (without quoting of course!)

Being a 29 year old single, I get a lot of pressure from parents and married friends (90% of my friends). Why don't you get married? Why don't I not get married? Cultural tradition? Do not hate me for saying that but I would define our tradition as the out of date dumb rules inherited from generation to generation to keep some people happy and a lot other pissed. That -of course- not apply on all of our traditions. I mean some I believe are really important, fun and makes us who we are. I am not against marriage so chill out. I am just against pressuring someone into marriage. Age should never be a rule for marriage! I believe the man or woman has to be mentally ready to enter that life... and it is a more bumpy life whether you like it or not!

So, to all family, friends, colleagues and all whom are annoying me for the past few years or since my younger brother got married. Lay off my back and let me enjoy what is remaining of my single life in peace. And I will keep on posting my Single & Proud propaganda posts and tweets!

#ProudSingle

No comments:

Post a Comment